Become world-class teachers
ITELS = International Teacher Education Lower Secondary
If you have a passion to teach and are open to new cultures, teaching abroad may suit you. ITELS is a new programme which trains students as teachers in lower secondary departments of international schools. Through the ITELS programme, you are exposed to different national and international educational approaches and systems. You will have several periods of teaching practice in international schools and in local schools.
A few good reasons to choose ITELS
- The number of international schools in the world is rapidly increasing.
- There is a great demand for well-qualified teachers in international education.
- ITELS is a new programme that prepares you for teaching at international secondary schools.
- Specialists from several countries will stimulate you to become a world-class teacher.
- In their third year, students from NHL University (the Netherlands) can study for one semester at University College Zealand (Denmark) and vice versa.
- You will learn to use the English language proficiently and professionally.
- You will receive a diploma to show that you are specifically prepared to teach at international schools.
- You will have an official teaching qualification.
- You will be awarded the title: Bachelor of Education.
The ITELS programme is offered at:
- NHL University of Applied Science (The Netherlands; ITELS programme is offered as an English special track of NHL teacher education in Mathematics, History and German. From September 2017)
- University College Zealand (Denmark; Students who are admitted to UCSJ teacher education can choose to participate in the ITELS programme from September 2017)